Thursday, February 22, 2007

Update on Surrey Junction in Pine Grove...


In a previous post, we put together a profile of this home (link here).

As a recap, this house has been on the market over 17 months with apparently little success. When I first noticed it, the owners were asking $895k - not a small fee by most standards. No doubt, this is a nice pad, but I wonder if perhaps they are truly motivated to sell.

Not much to say on this. So far, they have dropped the price a whole $45k - now down to $850k. That is around 5% decrease in asking price, which I am sure creates standing room only at the sales office, but it appears with 517+ days on the sales floor that they can likely afford to wait for someone to hit the lottery. Or, maybe someone can use their tax return for the down payment.

I hope they realize what they are doing to the home sales statistics.

Here is the new link.

2 comments:

ratlab said...

AmadorRE- Any chance of doing a post about the stately homes on Main Street, Sutter Creek? I believe there are three homes for sale and two have been on the market for at least a year.

Great houses, but right on Main Street where tons of traffic drive by.

AmadorRE said...

Ratlab, I have seen those houses and you are right, they have been on the market at least a year. Yesterday, when I drove by it appeared that one of them was completely empty. I am going to investigate further...

Thanks